Now you are an adult, and not in the system, you can still pursue further medical treatments yourself. It’s at this time you may decide you require some further support – if so, you can self-refer back to your local cleft clinic.
- Cosmetic surgery could be used to further refine your appearance
- You may want to discuss starting your own family with a geneticist
- Dental work may be required
- A Speech Language Therapist could help you with any speech issues
- You may need to talk to someone about how you feel about yourself
Please refer to our Cleft Clinic list.