Individualised Funding Seminars
The Parent & Family Resource Centre are running a series of Individualised Funding seminars in March at the locations/times below and attached. Booking is essential.
A presentation by Karen Smith, Ministry of Health
Hosted by Parent & Family Resource Centre
When: Thursday 1st March 7 – 9pm
Where: Nathan Homestead 70 Hill Road, Manurewa
When: Tuesday 13th March 12.30 – 2.30pm (preschoolers welcome)
Where: Disability Resource Centre 14 Erson Avenue, Royal Oak
When: Tuesday 20th March 7 – 9pm
Where: YES Disability Resource Centre 3 William Laurie Place, Albany
RSVP is essential: Phone Melissa (09) 636-0351
Who Should Attend: If you are a disabled person, parent or guardian of a disabled person, you might want more choice about how services will be delivered, when they will be delivered and who will provide your government funded support. Individualised funding helps you;
- Employ the support staff you want in your life – people who understand your culture, priorities, preferences and lifestyle choices.
- Set your own timetable so support staff come and go as you want, so you can build stronger relationships and enjoy a better social life.
- Take charge of who enters your life and reclaim your priorities.
- Source “respite” care that best benefits your family.
- Identify new sources of support.