World Smile Day – Friday 5 October
World Smile Day is coming on Friday 5 October to raise awareness globally for Cleft Lip and Palate and to raise funds for Smile Train to continue their work to repair clefts in countries whose public health system is non-existent or not as developed as our own. And you can help donate US$10 to this cause without handing over a cent!
All you have to do is show the world your gorgeous smile! Here”s how it works:
1) Find a digital camera and take a photo of yourself smiling
2) Put it on your computer, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “World Smile Day” in the subject line. Please make sure your photo is under 5MB and the total email size is less than 25MB if you are sending multiple photos
3) After moderation by Cleft NZ staff, we will upload it to the Cleft NZ Twitter Page (
tNZ” target=”_blank”>www.twitter.com/CleftNZ) with the hashtag #SmileTrainWSD #CleftNewZealand
4) Famous Famiglia Pizzeria will donate US$10 to Smile Train for each photo uploaded
5) Go out with a big smile on your face on Friday 5 October knowing that you”ve helped make the world a better place for a child affected by cleft
6) Encourage your friends and family to come here and follow these steps – simples!
Every photo uploaded before 23:59 GMT on Fri 5 Oct (12:59 NZDT Sat 6 Oct) will attract a $10 donation to Smile Train. Also, this isn”t just limited to cleft smiles – your friends and family can send in photos of their smiles too – so everyone can help!
Send photos to email@example.com now!
Check out New Zealand”s video!